Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Story -- Story of Louise L Hay Part III

My Story Part III
( as written by Louise L Hay in her famous book “You Can Heal Your Life)
“We are all one.”

(Please note – The bestseller book “You Can Heal Your Life” can be purchased from the following link
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_0_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=you+can+heal+your+life&sprefix=you+can+hea
You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay (Paperback - Jan 1, 1984)
Buy new: $14.95 $8.31
215 Used & new from $2.06
Get it by Tuesday, Sep 15 if you order in the next 34 hours and choose one-day shipping.
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.)

Afterword
In the 15 years since I wrote You Can heal Your Life, much has happened. The book has more than fulfilled my original dream for it: to help as many people as possible in order to change their lives for the better.
Not only has You Can Heal Your Life sold more than three million copies, but it has been translated into 25 languages, including Polish and Persian. The Universe really wanted this book to span the globe! I think the success of this book is due to the fact that I have an ability to help people change without laying guilt on them.
For sox and a half years, I spent time working with people with aids. It began with six men in my living room one evening, and in a couple of years grew to a weekly meeting of 800 people. This was such a growing period for me. My heart was constantly being stretched. I will remember those experiences for the rest of my life. The Hayride Support group still exists in West Hollywood, although I am no longer connected with it, since I moved out of town a few years ago.
Sometime after I wrote this book, several of the Hayride people went on the Oprah show with me, and we put out positive messages about aids. The same week, I appeared on Donahue with Dr. Bernie Siegel. My book hit the bestseller list and stayed there for 13 weeks. I was in constant awe of how Life was moving me in so many directions. I was working ten-hour days, seven days a week for a long period of time.
I have now become a small farmer and spend most of my time in my garden. I get enormous pleasure from working with plants. I am an organic gardener, so not a lettuce leaf nor a leaf from any tree leaves my property. Everything goes into the compost pile, and I am gradually building my soil so that it is rich and nourishing. I eat from the garden as much as possible, enjoying fresh vegetables and fruit all year round.
My dog Hyland gives me much pleasure. I don’t buy animals; I rescue them. A year of love will do wonders for anyone, including pets. I am surrounded by unconditional love, and we have a lot of fun.
Life goes in cycles. There is a time to do something, and then there is a time to move on. There was a period when AI taught workshops and lectured everywhere. I had ten-day Intensive Training Programs, and there was a two-year period when we toured with the Visions of the Future Symposiums. But I am not doing any of that now. I have gone into semi-retirement to really enjoy life for a while.
Now that I am 72, I am looking at life a bit differently, and I am very interested in how we live our later years. I like the idea of becoming an Elder of Excellence and seeing the rest of my life as my Treasure Years. And also teaching other people approaching their later years to become Elders of Excellence and to take their rightful place in society as teachers of wisdom. I believe we can be vibrant and healthy until our last days and enjoy each moment of life.
That one book and tape called You Can heal your Life grew into a very nice little publishing firm called Hay House. We specialize in self-help books and tapes by many different authors. It feels good to earn money helping other people improve the quality of their lives. I truly like supporting other authors with clear messages about who we are on the spiritual pathway.
An astrologer once told me that when I was born, there was a configuration in my char that said I would be helping may, many people on a one-to-one basis. Of course, 72 years ago, tape recorders had not been invented. So it would be hard to interpret that configuration. However, because of the miracle of technology, the sound my voice on tape accompanies thousands of people to bed each night.
As a result, many people whom I have never met feel that they know me because we spend so many intimate moments together. One of the wonderful things about what I do is that it gives me the opportunity to be greeted with love almost everywhere I go. People feel that I am an old friend who has helped them through many a sticky moment.
I now have Louise Hay advice column called either dear Louise or Ask Louise, depending on the publication. It began two years ago with Science of Mind magazine and is now in 50 different New Age/spiritual publications that reach over a million readers. If you would like to see this column in your local paper, let me know.
Where will Life take me next? I do not know. Yet, I am totally open and receptive to my next adventure.
Louise L. hay
January 1999.

No comments: